Board of Assessors Mission
The mission of the Board of Assessors is to ‘‘truly and impartially, according to (its) best skill and judgment, assess and apportion all such (property) taxes (and) neither overvalue nor undervalue any property subject to taxation’’ - Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 41, Section 29. Under this mission the board will:
- Provide fair and equitable assessments based on true market values.
- Meet with citizens and citizen groups to discuss their assessment concerns.
- Propose and evaluate tax relief measures for those who need them.
- Coordinate with and support other departments, boards, and commissions.
- Incorporate new technologies to improve assessments, enhance services, and reduce costs.