The mission of the Select Board is to listen to the Town's needs and values in order to direct and manage the affairs and property of the Town accordingly
- 6:30 p.m.
- Monday evenings, twice monthly in a hybrid format (in person at Town Offices and via Zoom).
- Town Office
16 Lincoln Road
Lincoln, MA 01773
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Jennifer Glass, Chair
- Jonathan Dwyer
- Jim Hutchinson
The members of the Select Board are the executive officers of the town. The three-member board, whose members are elected for staggered three-year terms, is charged with the general direction and management of the affairs and property of the town. The Select Board members appoint the town administrator to oversee the day-to-day functioning of the town.
Authority & Responsibilities
The Board's authority and responsibilities are derived from the Massachusetts General Laws and the Town’s Bylaws. Primary responsibilities include: ensuring that the town government is responsive to and reflective of community needs and values, initiating legislative policy by inserting articles in the town meeting warrant (or agenda) and then implementing and enforcing the votes subsequently adopted, appointing the majority of the town’s volunteer and professional staff, establishing administrative policy, setting program and service priorities and spending plans for the majority of municipal departments.
The Select Board is responsible for, in concert with the Finance Committee, Town Administrator, and Finance Director: developing fiscal guidelines for the annual operating budget and capital spending plan, convening and facilitating public discussion on a variety of important town concerns, representing the town on a number of inter-municipal boards and task forces, maintaining liaison with the town’s elected representatives to the General Court and pursuing the town’s legislative interests, issuing a number of permits and licenses, and ensuring proper maintenance of town buildings and facilities.
Proclamation - Pride Month
Public Safety Small Cell Tower RFP
Select Board Appointed Committees & Subcommittees
- Agriculture Commission: Eight members, three-year terms
- Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee
- Capital Planning Committee: Nine members, 3 SB appointments, 3 at-
large and BOS representative, three-year terms
- Conservation Commission: Seven members, three-year terms
- Council on Aging: Not less than 9 nor more than 12 members, three-year
- Cycling Safety Advisory Committee:
- Disabilities Commission: Not less than five, nor more than nine members
- DeCordova Museum: Three-year term, one appointed Select Board’s
- DeCordova Working Group:
- Historic District Commission: Seven members
- Housing Commission: One member, five-year term
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, & Anti-Racism Committee (IDEA)
- Lincoln Cultural Council: 5 to 22 members, two-year terms
- Lincoln Historical Commission: Five members
- Lincoln Scholarship Fund Committee: One Select Board appointed
- MBTA Advisory Board: One representative and one alternate, one-year
- Pierce Property Committee: Six-member 'standing committee’
- Parks and Recreation Committee: Six members, three elected and three
appointed by the Select Board, three-year terms
- Property Tax Study Committee
- Recycling Committee: Ad hoc, six member limit, no terms set
- Registrars of Voters: Three members, three-year terms, equal party
- Town Administrator
- Town Historian
- Traffic Committee: Jointly appointed with the Planning Board
- Trustee of the Lincoln Public Library: One Select Board appointment
- Veterans Agent
- Zoning Board of Appeals: Five members, five-year terms; three associate
members, four-year terms