To find information and updates on projects within Lincoln and neighboring Towns and to easily access plans, studies, and other important documents please view the menu on the left sidebar.
The Planning Department staff acts as a central point of contact for land use projects that may need review by more than one board and can advise project proponents on the applicable rules, procedures and scheduling. The Land Use Permitting Guide outlines the responsibilities of several town boards and departments.
From time to time the Planning Board and its staff are involved in providing a town response to major projects or land use changes which are not directly under the Town's control. Examples are liaison and advocacy in relation to Route 2 upgrades and changes at the Hanscom Air Force Base and Civil Air Terminal.
Land Use Permitting Guide and Helpful Documents Regarding Site Plan Review
- Land Use Permitting Guide - February 2016.
- Lighting Guidelines - September 2014
- Site Plan Review Checklist
- Staff Review of Changes to Approved Site Plans and Preliminary Meeting.
- Interpretation of Section 6.0.2 of the Zoning Bylaw when PB approval not required.
All forms are in Microsoft Word formatting to allow for easier editing.
- Application Cover Form
- Definitive Subdivision Application
- Eligible Facilities Request Submittal Requirements
- Eligible Facilities Request Certification
- Fence Permit Application
- Form A, Endorsement of “Approval Not Required” Plans Application
- Legal Notice Authorization
- Non-Residential or Multi-Family Site Plan Application
- Residential Site Plan Application
- Sign Permit Application
- Special Permit Cluster Subdivision Application
Zoning and General Bylaws
Copies of both are available by clicking here or in hard copy at the Town Clerk's office.
Water Ban and Water Restriction Policy
February 23, 2017
Due to the continuation of the Mandatory Outdoor Watering Ban, the Water Department will be prohibiting the installation of new lawns until the ban is lifted. The normal water restriction policy, as dictated by the DEP Water Management Act permit, goes in effect from May 1st to September 30th each year. The normal restrictions limits outdoor watering to twice per week and only allows for the installation of new lawns in May and September (i.e. no new lawns June, July and August). The Mandatory Outdoor Watering Ban prohibits automatic irrigation systems, sprinklers attached to hoses, and soaker hoses. Hand-watering in the evening and mornings is permitted.