The Board of Selectmen is seeking an interested volunteer to fill a currently vacant seat on the Cable Advisory Committee.
The Cable Advisory Committee shall represent the Board of Selectmen, subject to the Board’s ultimate authority as “Issuing Authority” as set forth in G.L. c. 166A, in all aspects of cable television licensing including:
- negotiating renewal licenses or original licenses;
- conducting “ascertainment” proceedings needed to support renewal license negotiations
- advising the Board of Selectmen (as issuing authority) in relationship to any application for l
license transfer, merger, or assignment;
- monitoring compliance with any license or renewal conditions, including conducting compliance
hearings or meetings;
- representing issuing authority with respect to any license issue before the public (e.g., receiving
and processing complaints and advising the Board with respect to enforcement options); and
- serving as custodian of all reports and records made under the terms of any cable television license
or as directed by the Board of Selectmen.
The deadline for submittals is May 31, 2019. Letters of interest should be sent to Peggy Elder, Administrative Assistant in the Selectmen’s Office, email@example.com . For information or an application, please visit the Town website: www.lincolntown.org or call the Selectmen’s Office at (781) 259-2601.
Cable Advisory Committee Charge
Agendas and Minutes